In this article we will provide you with the answer to whether or not you can copy Mailbird and its settings to another device or PC - we will also provide you with the steps to copy Mailbird and its settings over to another computer.
Fortunately, moving Mailbird between computers is very simple! All you need to do is to make a copy of the Mailbird folder containing all your settings and accounts on the source device (i.e. your existing PC or laptop), and copy it over to the destination device (i.e. your new PC or laptop). Below you will find a few simple steps to locate your Mailbird folder:
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard and then type in the letters cmd. Press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Alternatively, your can press the Windows key + R and type cmd to open Command Prompt.
- Once the Command Prompt is open, type in appdata and press the OK button (as shown below):
- This should open the AppData folder - please open the Local folder situated there, and locate the Mailbird folder
- Make a copy of the Mailbird folder to a safe location (e.g. a USB stick).
- Please ensure that Mailbird is CLOSED before copying. You may need to use the Task Manager (i.e. press CTRL + SHIFT + ESC keys together) to fully terminate the Mailbird background task. If you don't do this, then the copy of AppData/Local/Mailbird will not be saved correctly and Mailbird will erase the existing data.
- Next, install Mailbird on your new device, but please ensure that it is not launched or active once it's installed - if it is, please fully close Mailbird before proceeding.
- Finally, go to the same location as before on your new PC by following all of the above steps - then paste/overwrite the existing Mailbird folder with the copy that you have previously created.
And that's it! You can now open and use Mailbird on your new PC with all your existing settings and emails!
Hopefully this article has given you the guidance you were looking for, but if you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact our Customer Happiness Team - we will always be delighted to offer you all the help you need!