In this brief article, we will explain how to check whether one of your email accounts is IMAP, POP3 or Exchange. This can be done in a few simple steps, which are outlined below:
- First, click on the Mailbird Menu in the top left-hand corner of the page (the three horizontal lines)
- Then, please click on Settings
- Then on the next menu, select the Accounts tab
- Double click on the email account which you would like to check (if you only have one, then only one will be listed)
- Then, check the port numbers listed: 995 and 110 are POP3 ports. All other port numbers are IMAP. If there is no port number listed and you can see the Server URL then it is an Exchange account.
If you have any trouble with these steps however, don't hesitate to reach out to us via the Contact Us form in our Knowledge Base.