Here in this article you will find information on how to import your email accounts to Mailbird. Importing an email account is particularly relevant for users who have a POP3 email address, who might otherwise risk losing their email data (see here for more details) It's a very simple process, so stick with us to find out how how to import your emails into Mailbird
Please note that we currently only support importing for Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail and IncrediMail - if Mailbird is unable to find your existing Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail or IncrediMail profile (i.e. you are presented with an error which says 'Nothing to import'), then please make sure that you have not moved your account profile in Thunderbird, Outlook, Windows Live Mail or IncrediMail from its original default location.
It is currently not possible to import offline emails or folders to an IMAP email account.
How to import your Account
- First of all make sure that the account you are trying to import has not already been added to Mailbird.
- Then, click on the Mailbird menu in the top left-hand corner of Mailbird (the three horizontal lines)
- Next, click on Settings
- Now go to the Accounts tab, as shown below
- In the Accounts tab, click on the Add.
- After that click on the Import button
- Next, choose the account that you want to import.
- Note that if your account is not listed it's usually because the account that you tried to import is not set up as IMAP or POP3, or it can also be because the account is already in Mailbird.
- Next step, enter your password, click on continue, and wait until the import process is complete.
Keep in mind that you can also import accounts and emails to an existing POP3 account. To do this simply repeat the above process from step 1, but instead of clicking the "Add" button, double click on your POP3 account. You will see an image like the one below, click on import messages to continue.
Then simply choose the account or email which you would like to import (which will have been saved as as .pst, .eml or .msf). Wait for the import to finish and you will find these emails in the imported folder on your account.
Hopefully you found all the information that you required in this article, but if you need any further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out to our friendly Customer Happiness team by clicking here - one of us will be delighted to answer any other questions you might have.