Within Mailbird you can manage multiple email accounts and identities from one location. Here you will find out the process to add your accounts and identities in a few simple steps, so if you're having problems, keep reading.
Connecting your email account
This is what makes using an email client and all-in-one communication app such as Mailbird really awesome: it literally takes just a few simple steps to connect your email accounts to Mailbird!
- Open the Mailbird menu in the top lefthand corner (i.e. the three horizontal lines).
- Click on Settings.
- Navigate to the Accounts tab.
- Now, click on Add to connect your email account.
- Once you have clicked on this, you can input your details (as shown in the screenshot below).
Once you have added your accounts successfully, they will begin to appear in the Accounts tab (which will have been blank before (if this is the first time that you're connecting any email account to Mailbird).
If you need to provide your IMAP or SMTP settings, then please refer to this article which explains how to do this, but Mailbird is super smart and it should auto-detect all your email server settings so you shouldn't have to worry about this.
Setting up your identities
In Mailbird you can also have an email account active and send an email from a different email account for which you have created an identity. Basically it's like an email alias, which makes it possible to send an email from any email address even when you are working from one particular inbox. This is how you can set this up in just a few clicks!
- Go to the Mailbird menu in the top left-hand corner of Mailbird (i.e. the three horizontal lines).
- Click on Settings.
- Select the Identities tab.
- Click on Add to add an identity.
We would then recommend that you test your connection to ensure your settings are correct. To do this:
- Click on the identity you would like to test.
- Then click on Edit.
- Finally, simply click on Test Connection at the bottom (such as in the screenshot below).
- Any problems or errors will be displayed to you, so that you can share the details with us if necessary.
You are now all set to begin sending emails using Mailbird, with the option of switching easily between identities, as can be seen in this final screenshot below:
Naturally, if you have any questions or doubts about how to set up your accounts or identities, don't hesitate to get in touch with us via our Contact Form.