Using Mailbird's folder feature is awesome for organizing your inbox or multiple inboxes!
Folders basically allow you to archive or easily find emails, so that you are much more efficient in how you organise them, whilst also getting better at clearing out all emails in your inbox.
Here's how to set up and use folders in Mailbird:
- In the main Mailbird window, click on the Mailbird menu in the top left corner.
- Select Settings
- The select Folders
- Here you can Add/Edit/Remove folders from any selected email account you've added to Mailbird.
- You can even create sub-folders inside one parent folder, these are called Nested Folders.
- Change the color of the folders by clicking on the box next to the Folder names you've created to make them easily identifiable.
- Once you are all done, hit the "Sync with server" button and you are all set.
Now you can use the "V" keyboard shortcut (or the + sign at the top right corner of any email message), to assign it to any specific folder you've created.
You are on your way to being a total badass with keeping your Inbox clean and organized!
When it comes to Unified Folders feature (cross-account folders), watch this space: this year, we'll be making a public announcement about a brand new cross-platform application (currently under development). Early access will be exclusively provided to our customers.
Although we plan on providing routine updates on Mailbird 2.0 (our current product), only the cross-platform experience of Mailbird Next (i.e. for Mac, Windows, and mobile) will be available on our new platform (scheduled to be released this year).
If you'd like to sign up for early access and an exclusive offer, please visit www.getmailbird.com and select "Mailbird for Mac" at the top of the page, and enter your email address to become a part of this new journey with Mailbird Next!
Let us know if you need any help with anything - we'll always be here for any questions you might have.