In this article, we will examine the different ways in which Mailbird has undergone the most significant redesign ever to be rolled out - however, it's important to note that the Mailbird 3.0 redesign is very much a journey, and not a destination. It is a substantial step among the millions that preceded it and the millions that will follow.
There are countless intriguing facets to a redesign, ones that might not be immediately apparent to casual observers. Seemingly simple elements may have gone through dozens of iterations and involved hours of discussion, with the aim of offering all of our customers the ultimate email experience.
We have focused much of our efforts on making sure that our customers can enjoy a fresh, modern and sleek interface - this involved reassessing each and every element inside of Mailbird to understand how we could either refine or improve its place and function within our product.
Below you will find a detailed list of the most significant improvements to its design, which also include new features which allow you to decide how Mailbird will look and work best for your own specific needs.
- Optimized screen space
- The new screen layout has been tailored to adapt seamlessly to the latest screen sizes, providing customers with an immersive experience.
- Font evolution
- Mailbird 3.0 embraces the stylish Inter font, created by Swedish Figma designer Rasmus Andersson. It was crafted to enhance readability, especially on computer screens.
- Breathable spacing
- The design team meticulously reimagined spacing across the entire app, creating an airy and spacious environment that enhances focus.
- Icon transformation
- Mailbird’s icons have been completely transformed to ensure they blend seamlessly and form a clear, stunning, and modern iconography.
- Calming color palette
- Version 3.0 offers 20 new and soothing theme colors. From deep sapphire to sea green to platinum, each hue was meticulously chosen to bring sophistication and freshness to users’ email experience.
- Softer font colors
- System font colors have been updated to help reduce eye strain.
- Expressive customization
- Background thumbnail size has been increased, making it simpler to find the perfect mood-setting backdrop.
- Vibrant folder personalization
- Mailbird’s 48 new folder and label colors make it easier to organize and identify messages.
- Nested folders refined
- Nested folders have been redesigned to simplify organization, ensuring users can always find what they’re looking for.
- Enriched email cards
- Conversation list and email card elements have been optimized to produce a seamless email experience—from unread messages to revamped icons.
- Sender styling
- From avatars to color schemes, Mailbird’s email visuals have been redesigned to ensure messages and senders are always easily identifiable.
- Attachment elegance
- Revamped attachment icons and color schemes make files easily identifiable.
- Effortless scrolling
- An improved scrollbar design provides a sleek and seamlessly intuitive experience.
- Fresh windows and notifications
- Mailbird’s menu window and notifications have been revamped to provide extra emphasis on important updates.
- Enhanced settings menu
- A modern update to Mailbird’s settings menu presents a more spacious design, simplifying email preferences.
- Streamlined navigation
- New adaptable navigation optimizes both horizontal and vertical views, regardless of screen or window size.
- Revamped horizontal view
- With improved UX and repositioning of some icons, the horizontal view now offers an even more comprehensive snapshot of email messages.
- Fresh onboarding
- The onboarding experience has been revitalized, featuring a new set of engaging illustrations to guide users through the setup process.
Hopefully you have found this article useful, but if you still require assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our Customer Happiness Team by clicking here.